Connect Through the Ethernet Port of the Modular System CMM (Web Interface)
You can connect to the CMM through the RJ-45 NET MGT 0 Ethernet
port. While this Ethernet connection supports both the CLI and the web interface
to the CMM SP, this installation procedure uses the web interface.
- Know the IP addresses for the CMM and the server module SP that
you plan to connect.
- Ensure that the CMM is connected to the network you are on.
The network connection is through the RJ-45 connector labeled NET MGT 0 on
- In a browser on the same network as the modular system, enter the
IP address of the CMM.
For example, if your CMM has the IP address 188.8.131.52, enter that address.
A login window for Oracle ILOM appears.
- Log in to Oracle ILOM on the CMM by typing your user name
The factory default Oracle ILOM root password is changeme.
You are now logged in to the CMM ILOM web interface.
- Navigate to the server module SP.
- Select the chassis view for the modular system.
- Click on the image of the server module that you have installed in
the modular system.
The slots in the modular system are numbered 0 to 9.
- Select Remote Control on the top menu.
You are offered a choice of video redirection or serial redirection.
- Start the Remote Console.
- Select the Redirection tab.
- Click on Use serial redirection.
- Click on Launch Remote Console.
- Power on the server module.
- Select the Remote Power Control tab.
- From the menu on that tab, select Power On.
- Select Save.
- Select OK when you see this prompt: Are you sure you want to
perform a Power On of the server?
The server module host is powered on for the first time.
- You can now configure the Oracle Solaris OS to meet your needs.
See Configure the System.