Install the PCIe2 Mezzanine Board
Installing the PCIe2 mezzanine board is a cold-service operation. You must power off
the server before installing the PCIe2 mezzanine board.
- Consider your first steps:
If you are replacing a PCIe2 mezzanine board, remove the faulty or obsolete PCIe2 mezzanine board first, then return to this procedure, Step 2. See Remove the PCIe2 Mezzanine Board.
If you are installing the PCIe2 mezzanine board as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, go to Step 3.
- If the PCIe2 cards were previously removed, install them.
See Install a PCIe2 Card Into the PCIe2 Mezzanine Board.
- Align the PCIe2 mezzanine board to the location where it installs into the
Two captive screws are to the left, one captive screw is to the
- Lower the PCIe2 mezzanine board onto the PCIe2 riser cards and press the
board securely in place (pane 1).
Press down at the center and the right edge of the PCIe2
- Tighten the three captive screws (pane 2).
- Attach the cable from the signal interface board to the PCIe2 mezzanine board.
- Consider your next steps:
If you installed the PCIe2 mezzanine board as part of a replacement operation, go to Step 8.
If you installed the PCIe2 mezzanine board as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, return to that procedure. See Component Service Task Reference for assistance.
- Finish the installation procedure.