Install a PCIe2 Riser Card
Installing the PCIe2 riser card is a cold-service operation. You must power off
the server before installing the PCIe2 riser card.
Note - The three PCIe2 riser cards appear to be nearly identical, however they are
not. If you are installing two or all three PCIe2 riser cards, do
not confuse their respective installation locations in the chassis. Riser card A installs
on the left, riser card B installs in the center, and riser card
C installs on the right.
- Consider your first steps:
If you are replacing a PCIe2 riser card, remove the faulty or obsolete PCIe2 riser card first, then return to this procedure, Step 2. See Remove a PCIe2 Riser Card.
If you are installing the PCIe2 riser card as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, go to Step 3.
- If any PCIe2 card was previously removed, install it.
See Install a PCIe2 Card Into the PCIe2 Riser Card.
- Align the PCIe2 riser card to the location where it installs into the
chassis (pane 1).
The captive screw is on the right and toward the front of the
- Lower the PCIe2 riser card onto the motherboard and press the card edge
connector securely into place (pane 2).
- Tighten the three captive screws (pane 3).
- Consider your next steps:
If you installed the PCIe2 riser card as part of a replacement operation, go to Step 7.
If you installed the PCIe2 riser card as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, return to that procedure. See Component Service Task Reference for assistance.
- Finish the installation procedure.