Remove the ID PROM
Removing the ID PROM is a cold-service operation. You must power off the
server before you remove the ID PROM.
- Consider your first step:
If you have not prepared for service, do so now. See Preparing for Service.
If you are removing the ID PROM as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, go to Step 2.
- Remove the PCIe2 mezzanine board.
See Remove the PCIe2 Mezzanine Board.
- Remove the right PCIe2 riser card.
See Remove a PCIe2 Riser Card.
- Grasp the front and rear of the ID PROM and pull straight up.
- Lift the ID PROM out of the chassis and set the ID PROM
- Consider your next steps:
If you removed the ID PROM as part of a replacement operation, install a new ID PROM. See Install the ID PROM.
If you removed the ID PROM as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, return to that procedure. See Component Service Task Reference for assistance.