Install the Battery
Installing the battery is a cold-service operation. You must power off the server
before installing the battery.
- Consider your first steps:
If you are replacing a battery, remove the faulty or obsolete battery first, then return to this procedure, Step 2. See Remove the Battery.
If you are installing the battery as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, go to Step 2.
- Align the battery to the location where it installs into the chassis.
The positive (+) side of the battery is toward the center of the
- Insert the battery into the receptacle.
- Consider your next steps:
If you installed the battery as part of a replacement operation, go to Step 5.
If you installed the battery as part of another component's removal or installation procedure, return to that procedure. See Component Service Task Reference for assistance.
- Install the right PCIe2 riser card.
See Install a PCIe2 Riser Card.
- Install the PCIe2 mezzanine board.
See Install the PCIe2 Mezzanine Board.
- Finish the installation procedure.