Adding links to emails in the Design Editor
Note: All emails and landing pages created in the Classic Design Editor are now legacy assets. They are now view-only and not editable. Users can create emails and landing pages with the Design Editor and Source Editor. Learn more in our product notice. Learn more about the differences between the different
You can add a link to the following content components:
You can link to:
- A landing page
- A file in file storage
- An external webpage
- A system action like subscribing to an email group or opening the subscription management page
- A new email message
Learn more by watching this video!
Tip: Getting an invalid URL error for a blind form submit link could mean that you're using the wrong URL syntax; the email editors now use tilde syntax.
Adding links to text content
To add a link to a text content component:
- Add the text content to your email.
- After adding the copy to the text content component, highlight the text that you want to make a link.
- Click .
The Hyperlink panel opens.
- Add the link details to the Hyperlink panel.
Adding links to images
To add a link to an image:
- Add the image content to your email and add the image.
- Click the image content component and add the link using the Hyperlink Properties in the Image panel.
Adding links to buttons
To add a link to a button:
- Add the button content to your email.
- Click the button content component and add the link using the Hyperlink Properties in the Button panel.
Warning: To avoid issues with buttons rendering in your emails, do not copy and paste text which contains hyperlinks into your buttons.
The following table describes the types of links you can add to an email.
Link to an existing landing page in the application. The landing pages that you can link to are available from the hyperlink library. Learn more about the
Links to landing pages are tracked by default.
File in File Storage
Link to a file that has been uploaded to the file storage, such as a PDF file. Learn more about
Links to files in file storage are tracked by default.
Link to an external web page. These types of links can include field merges.
Use the Add tracking for untracked external pages or the Redirect for untracked pages check box to enable tracking on an otherwise untracked website.
Link to subscription management or email viewing options. Often these links are included in the email header or footer, but can be included in the body of the email as well.
System action links are not tracked.
The following system actions are available:
New Email Message
Creates a link that when clicked will open a new email message in the visitor's default email program. This is a also called a mailto link.