You can create new custom record types, as needed.
To create a new custom record type
Go to Customization > Lists, Records, & Fields > Record Types > New.Note:
The custom record type is created after you enter information in all required fields, and then click Save.
You can use SuiteCloud Development Framework (SDF) to manage custom record types as part of file-based customization projects. For information about SDF, see SuiteCloud Development Framework Overview. You can use the Copy to Account feature to copy an individual custom record type to another of your accounts. Each custom record type page has a clickable Copy to Account option in the upper right corner. For information about Copy to Account, see Copy to Account Overview.
- Creating Custom Record Types
- Entering Name and Display Settings
- Specifying Permission and UI Settings
- Configuring File and Child Record Settings
- Defining Search and Edit Settings
- Adding Fields to Custom Record Types
- Limiting Search Access to Custom Records
- Applying Role-Based Restrictions to Custom Records
- Adding Subtabs to a Custom Record
- Choosing an Icon for a Custom Record
- Numbering Custom Record Types
- Adding Custom Forms for a Record
- Online Custom Record Forms
- Setting Up a Permissions List for a Custom Record Type
- Creating Links to Custom Records
- Adding Translations for Custom Records