The Links subtab lets you create links throughout your account to access your custom records. When determining where to place links for the records, it is important to consider all roles that will be using the record type and how they will be using it to determine the most logical place for the links.
Even after you create a link to a custom record type, this link does not display for users that do not have permission to access that custom record type.
To add a link to a custom record:
In the Center column of the Links subtab, select the center you want the link to be visible in.
If needed, you can add links to this custom record in each center.
In the Section column, select the tab you want the link to display on.
The tabs available vary depending on the selected center. If a center has not been selected, no tabs are listed.
In the Category column, select a standard, built-in NetSuite category, or select a custom category you have already created. For more information about creating custom categories, see Creating Center Categories.
In the Label column, enter a name for this link.
If you do not enter a label, the label name defaults to the name of the custom record type.
(Optional) In the Translation column, enter any translated names required for the link. Then click Done.
(Optional) In the Insert Before column, choose where you want to place the link. If you do not provide a value in the Insert Before column, the link will appear below the last link in your chosen category.
Repeat these steps for each link you want to add.
If you want to edit a link, click the line for that link and make changes as needed.
- Creating Custom Record Types
- Creating a New Custom Record Type
- Entering Name and Display Settings
- Specifying Permission and UI Settings
- Configuring File and Child Record Settings
- Defining Search and Edit Settings
- Adding Fields to Custom Record Types
- Limiting Search Access to Custom Records
- Applying Role-Based Restrictions to Custom Records
- Adding Subtabs to a Custom Record
- Choosing an Icon for a Custom Record
- Numbering Custom Record Types
- Adding Custom Forms for a Record
- Online Custom Record Forms
- Setting Up a Permissions List for a Custom Record Type
- Adding Translations for Custom Records