You can reference only the objects in a SuiteCloud Development Framework (SDF) SuiteApp. You cannot reference the entire SuiteApp, its files, or its scripts.
For the SuiteApp project type of SuiteCloud project, you can define your SuiteApp to contain dependencies on objects in another SuiteApp even though those objects are external to your SuiteCloud project. Those object dependencies must be objects that are supported by SuiteCloud Development Framework (SDF).
Dependencies are established by creating object dependencies in the project manifest. These dependencies require fully qualified script IDs and application ID. When you add these dependencies to the project manifest, you can refer to your external objects without adding them to your project. For valid references, those objects must already be installed in the target account.
See the following help topics related to SDF custom objects:
For information about NetSuite components supported as SDF custom objects, see Customizations Supported by SuiteCloud Development Framework.
For information about the XML format guidelines, see Specifying an SDF Custom Object Reference.
To define an external SDF custom object in a SuiteApp dependency:
Using SuiteCloud Extension for Visual Studio Code, see Adding Dependencies to the Manifest in SuiteCloud Extension for Visual Studio Code.
Using SuiteCloud IDE plug-in for WebStorm, see Defining Dependencies on SDF Custom Objects in a SuiteApp and Bundle Objects with SuiteCloud IDE Plug-in for WebStorm.
If you want to use SDF to make changes to an SDF custom object, you must import the object into your project instead. For more information, see Importing Account Components to your SuiteCloud Project with SuiteCloud IDE Plug-in for WebStorm. For information about referencing objects using SDF CLI, see listmissingdependencies and adddependencies.
- Developing SuiteCloud Projects for SuiteCloud Development Framework
- Account Component Imports to SuiteCloud Projects
- Account Component Dependencies in SuiteCloud Projects
- Feature Dependencies for SDF Custom Objects in SuiteCloud Projects
- Account Configuration from an Account Customization Project
- SDF Custom Object and File Development in SuiteCloud Projects
- SuiteCloud Project Validation
- SuiteCloud Project Deployment Preparation
- Deployment Logs for SuiteCloud Projects
- Viewing and Uninstalling SDF SuiteApps in a NetSuite Account
- Publishing an SDF SuiteApp