You can reference only the objects in a SuiteCloud Development Framework (SDF) SuiteApp. You cannot reference the entire SuiteApp, its files, or its scripts.
You can define dependencies on SuiteApp objects that are external to your SuiteCloud project. It must be on a custom NetSuite object supported by SDF.
Dependencies are established by creating object dependencies in the project manifest. These dependencies require fully qualified script IDs and application ID. When you add these dependencies to the project manifest, you can refer to your external SuiteApp objects without adding them to your project. For valid references, those objects must already be installed in the target account.
See the following help topics related to custom NetSuite objects:
For information about supported custom NetSuite objects, see Customizations Supported by SuiteCloud Development Framework.
For information about the XML format guidelines, see Specifying a NetSuite Custom Object Reference.
To define an SDF SuiteApp object dependency:
Using SuiteCloud Extension for Visual Studio Code, see Adding Dependencies to the Manifest in SuiteCloud Extension for Visual Studio Code.
Using SuiteCloud IDE plug-in for WebStorm, see Defining Dependencies on SuiteApp and Bundle Objects with SuiteCloud IDE Plug-in for WebStorm.
If you want to use SDF to make changes to a custom object, you must import the object into your project instead. For more information, see Importing Account Components to your SuiteCloud Project with SuiteCloud IDE Plug-in for WebStorm. For information about referencing objects using SDF CLI, see listmissingdependencies and adddependencies.
- Developing SuiteCloud Development Framework Projects
- Account Component Imports
- Account Component Dependencies
- Feature Dependencies for SDF Custom Objects
- Account Configuration from an Account Customization Project
- Custom Object and File Development
- SuiteCloud Development Framework Project Validation
- SuiteCloud Development Framework Project Deployment Preparation
- Deployment Logs
- Viewing and Uninstalling SDF SuiteApps in a NetSuite Account
- Publishing an SDF SuiteApp