You can use SuiteCloud Development Framework (SDF) to import custom NetSuite objects, files, and scripts from a NetSuite account into an account customization project. Only custom NetSuite objects can be imported from a NetSuite account into a SuiteApp project.
Each SuiteCloud component that shares the same script ID as an account component that you want to import is overwritten. For more information about supported custom NetSuite objects, see Customizations Supported by SuiteCloud Development Framework.
If you are working with account components that do not require direct updates through the SuiteCloud project, Oracle recommends referencing the account component instead of importing them into your project. For more information, see Account Component Dependencies and SDF SuiteApp Object Dependencies.
You cannot import locked record types into SuiteCloud projects. You must either unlock the record types before you import them, or reference them outside of the SuiteCloud project. For more information about locked record types, see Locking Custom Objects in an SDF SuiteApp Project and Locking Objects in Customization Bundles.
When importing an object from a NetSuite account to an SDF SuiteApp project:
The object’s application ID must match the app ID for the destination SDF SuiteApp project.
If the application ID values do not match, an error is returned when that project is deployed to a NetSuite account.
To import account components into a SuiteCloud project:
Using SuiteCloud Extension for Visual Studio Code, see Importing Objects from a NetSuite Account with SuiteCloud Extension for Visual Studio Code.
Using SuiteCloud IDE plug-in for WebStorm, see Importing Account Components to your SuiteCloud Project with SuiteCloud IDE Plug-in for WebStorm.
Using CLI for Node.js, see object:import
- Developing SuiteCloud Development Framework Projects
- SDF SuiteApp Object Dependencies
- Account Component Dependencies
- Feature Dependencies for SDF Custom Objects
- Account Configuration from an Account Customization Project
- Custom Object and File Development
- SuiteCloud Development Framework Project Validation
- SuiteCloud Development Framework Project Deployment Preparation
- Deployment Logs
- Viewing and Uninstalling SDF SuiteApps in a NetSuite Account
- Publishing an SDF SuiteApp