To modify strings in a collection:
Go to Customization > Translations > Manage Translations.
On the Strings subtab, click the ellipsis sign (...) to the left of the string you want to edit.
On the Edit string window, edit the following information for the string you want to modify:
Source String - The translation string in the source language.
Key - The unique identifier that differentiates a source string from other collection strings.
Description - Enter a description for the source string. This description helps translators understand the context of the term for accurate translation. The description is the when, where, and why users see the source string in the application.
You cannot modify the string’s collection.
In addition to the Manage Translations UI, you can also work with translation strings through SDF. In SDF, ”Key”, the identifier, is referred to as ”scriptid”.
- Manage Translations UI Overview
- Filtering of Translation Strings
- Creating a Translation Collection
- Editing a Translation Collection
- Deleting a Translation Collection
- Importing Translations into a Translation Collection
- Exporting a Translation Collection
- Downloading a Translation Collection into XML
- Working with Translation Collection Strings
- Using Translation Collections with SuiteScript
- Including Translation Collections in Bundles
- Globalization Glossary
- String Hierarchy and Translation String Linking
- Management of Translation Strings Distributed Through SDF