Siebel Installation Guide for UNIX > Installing Siebel Enterprise Server Components and the Siebel Web Server Extension > Installing Siebel Enterprise Server >
Installing Siebel Enterprise Server as a New Installation
Use the following procedure to install Siebel Enterprise Server as a new installation for Siebel CRM version 188.8.131.52 or version 184.108.40.206.
NOTE: Use this procedure only when Siebel Enterprise Server is not already installed. Where an earlier version of Siebel Enterprise Server is already installed, you perform a migration installation instead, as described in Installing Siebel Enterprise Server as a Migration Installation.
This topic is part of Installing Siebel Enterprise Server.
This task is a step in:
To install Siebel Enterprise Server as a new installation
- Review About Installing Siebel Business Applications.
For example, if you are installing a Siebel Server that will communicate with an existing installation of Siebel Gateway Name Server on another computer, then make sure that the Siebel Gateway Name Server is running.
- (AIX only) Verify that the login ID performing the installation has permission to run
slibclean by asking the administrator to change the permission as follows:
chmod 6555 /usr/sbin/slibclean
- (AIX only) Execute the following command:
- Log on to the server, using the Siebel service owner account that you recorded in the copy that you made earlier of the worksheet in Siebel Deployment Planning Worksheet.
- Open a new shell, and navigate to the Siebel image location for the current release. Then navigate to the directory where the installer is located. For example, for Oracle Solaris, navigate to
In this path, Siebel_Image is the directory for your version-specific Siebel network image, such as
- Verify the permissions to the directory into which you will install the Siebel Enterprise Server. You must have write and execute permission.
- To start the Siebel Enterprise Server installer, enter the following command:
jre_location is the full path of the installed Java Runtime Environment (JRE) software. On AIX, you must use the -jreLoc option. It is not required on other operating systems. For more information about the JRE requirements for AIX, see Requirements Specific to UNIX or Linux Operating Systems.
inventory_location is the full path of the oraInst.loc file (for example,
/export/home/oraInst.loc), which points to the OUI inventory location. Use the -invPtrLoc option if you want to specify an inventory pointer file other than the default.
Optionally, for an unattended installation, you can append the flags described in Installing Siebel Enterprise Server Components and Siebel Web Server Extension in Unattended Mode.
The Siebel Enterprise Server installer displays the Welcome screen.
- Click Next.
The Oracle Configuration Manager screen appears, which prompts for email contact information.
- Enter your My Oracle Support credentials and click Next.
Oracle Configuration Manager software is installed on the target computer. For more information, see About Oracle Configuration Manager.
The Select Installation Task screen appears. The New Installation task is selected by default.
- To perform a new installation of Siebel Enterprise Server software where no existing installation of Siebel CRM version 8.1.1.x or version 8.2.2.x is present, click Next.
The New Installation Details screen appears.
- Enter a name for your installation, and specify the installation location, and then click Next. (Note the installation name and location for future reference.) Note the following:
- The default installation name (Oracle Home Name) is SES_HOME. If you have an existing installation, then you must specify a new name for a new installation.
- The default installation path (Oracle Home Location) for a new installation is
/siebel/220.127.116.11.0/ses or a similar value. Accept the default path or specify a different fully qualified path by typing it directly or by clicking Browse. If you have an existing installation, then you must specify a new path for the new installation.
For more information about Oracle home and installation path requirements, see File and Directory Naming Conventions.
The Select Siebel Enterprise Server Components screen appears.
- Choose the Siebel Enterprise Server components that you want to install. Choose one or more of the following options, and click Next:
- Gateway Name Server
- Siebel Server
- Database Configuration Utilities
- EAI Connector
Install all of the Siebel Enterprise Server components that you might need on this server computer.
You can install the Database Configuration Utilities only with a Siebel Server. In other words, you cannot install Database Configuration Utilities unless you are also installing Siebel Server.
For more information about different ways of deploying Siebel Enterprise Server components, see Installation and Configuration Methods by Deployment Type.
NOTE: You cannot add components later using this installer, for the current release.
The Select Languages screen appears. All of the languages that were included in the Siebel network image for Siebel Enterprise Server are available for selection.
- Select the languages that you want to install, and click Next. You must select at least one language in order to proceed.
You specify languages to install in order to run applications using these languages. If you install the software with a single language, then this language serves as the primary (base) language, in which your server messages and log files will display. If you install the software with multiple languages, then when you configure the Siebel Server you can specify which installed languages to deploy and which installed language is the primary language.
NOTE: You can add languages to an existing installation by running the installer in unattended mode (silent mode). For more information about installing and deploying languages, see About Installing and Deploying Siebel Business Applications with Multiple Languages.
The Summary screen appears. This screen displays the location into which it will install the Siebel Enterprise Server.
- Review the information in the Summary screen. Before you proceed, confirm that you have met all of the installation requirements, such as for disk space. Then do one of the following:
- When the Next button becomes available, the installation is complete. Click Next.
The Finish Installation screen appears. This screen indicates whether the installation was successful and shows the location of the main installer log file. You can access this file to review the installation results.
- To close the installer, click Close.
The Siebel Enterprise Server installation is now finished.
- After installing the Siebel Enterprise Server software: