Install the Fan Board
- Unpack the replacement fan board unit and place it on an antistatic mat.
- Remove the fan board cable and power cables from the faulty fan board
unit and plug them into the fan board on the replacement fan board
- Reinstall the fan board unit by completing the following tasks.
- Insert the fan board into the chassis, moving it down and toward the
- Reposition the front memory riser guide, routing the fan board and power cable
through the riser guide.
- Plug the fan board cable and power cable into the connectors on the
motherboard and secure the fan board by reinserting and tightening the two screws
on each side of the outside of the chassis.
- Tighten the three captive screws to hold the front memory riser guide in
- Reinstall all fan modules.
See Remove a Fan Module.
- Reinstall all memory risers.
See Install a Memory Riser.
- Return the server to operation:
- Install the top cover.
See Replace the Top Cover.
- Return the server to the normal rack position.
See Return the Server to the Normal Rack Position.
- Reinstall the power cords to the power supplies and power on the server.
See Returning the Server to Operation.
Note - The product serial number used for service entitlement and warranty coverage might need
to be reprogrammed on the fan board by authorized service personnel with the
correct product serial number located on the chassis EZ label.