Remove the Drive Backplane
This is a cold service procedure that must be performed by qualified service
personnel. The system must be completely powered down before performing this procedure. See
Cold Service, Replaceable by Authorized Service Personnel for more information about this category of service procedures.
- Prepare for servicing:
- Attach an antistatic wrist strap.
- Power off the server and unplug power cords from the power supplies.
See Removing Power From the Server.
- Remove the server from the rack.
See Remove the Server From the Rack.
- Remove the top cover.
See Remove the Top Cover.
- Remove all drives and fillers.
See Remove a Drive.
Note - Note the positions of the disks so you can return them to the
- Remove the DVD drive.
See Remove a DVD Drive or Filler Panel.
- Remove the System Remind button assembly (air divider) by lifting it up and
away from the power supplies.
- Remove the drive backplane by completing the following tasks.
- Unplug the two SAS cables, power cables, and ribbon cable from the drive
backplane and push up on the wire tab in the upper corner of
the drive backplane.
- Swing the drive backplane back and out of the chassis.