Attach Slide Rail Assemblies to Rack
Complete the following procedures to attach the slide rail assemblies to the rack.
Note - The slide rail assemblies support only racks with 9.5-mm square holes and M6
round holes. All other racks, including those racks with 7.2-mm, M5, or 10-32
mounting holes, are not supported. Refer to your rack documentation for information about
the size of its rail holes.
- (Optional) If you must move the rack with the server installed, secure the slide
rail assemblies to the rack with mounting screws and cage nuts.
Insert the cage nuts prior to performing the next steps. Refer to the
Rail Rackmount Kit Overview and Information card for instructions on inserting these cage nuts. This card is included
with the rack kit.
- Position a slide rail assembly in your rack so that the slide rail
assembly front bracket is on the outside of the front rack post and
the slide rail assembly rear bracket is on the inside of the rear
- Align the slide rail assembly mounting pins with the front and rear rack
post mounting holes. Then lock the assembly into place by pushing the assembly
toward the rear of the rack until the mounting pins engage the rack.
You will hear an audible click when the mounting pins engage the rack.
The slide assembly mounting pins accommodate either 9.5 mm square mounting holes or
M6 round mounting holes. No other mounting hole sizes are supported.
- (Optional) If you chose to secure the slide rail assembly to the rack
with screws, insert the M6 mounting screws through both front and rear slide
rail brackets and rack posts, and then secure the screws to the rack
posts with the caged nuts.
- Repeat Step 2 through Step 4 for the remaining slide rail assembly.
Caution - If your rack does not have an anti-tip device, the rack could tip
over when installing the server.
- If available, extend the anti-tip legs or anti-tip bar at the bottom of
Refer to your rack documentation for instructions. For more information, see Stabilize the Rack.