Install a PCIe Card Filler Panel
Caution - This procedure requires that you handle components that are sensitive to ESD. This
sensitivity can cause the component to fail. To avoid damage, ensure that you follow
antistatic practices as described in ESD Measures.
- Ensure that the server is powered off and all power cords are disconnected from
the server power supplies.
See Removing Power From the Server.
- Attach an antistatic wrist strap, unpack the PCIe card, and place it on
an antistatic mat.
- Install the PCIe filler panel into the card slot opening and return the
PCIe card slot crossbar to its closed and locked position.
- Return the server to operation:
- Install the top cover.
See Replace the Top Cover.
- Return the server to the normal rack position.
See Return the Server to the Normal Rack Position.
- Reconnect all power cords to the server power supplies.
See Connect Power Cords.
- Power on the server.
See Power On the Server (Oracle ILOM) or Power On the Server (Power Button).