Install the Power Supply Backplane
- Unpack the replacement power supply backplane and place it on an antistatic mat.
- Hold the power supply backplane at the end of the power supply cage
and connect the AC cables to the AC connectors on the power supply
Ensure that each AC cable is connected to the appropriate connector. The AC
cable on the right must be connected to the AC connector on the
right and the AC cable on the left must be connected to the
AC connector on the left.
- Insert the power supply backplane into position by completing the following tasks.
- Ensure that the tabs on the power board slide onto the hooks on
the power supply cage.
- Install the motherboard and the four bus bar screws that secure the motherboard
to the power supply backplane.
This will also involve reconnecting all cables that connect the power supply backplane,
drive backplane, and fan board to the motherboard.
See Install the Motherboard.
Note - Using a No. 2 screwdriver, tighten the bus bar screws until the power
supply backplane and the motherboard securely fasten to the bus bars.
- Replace the power supply backplane cover and fasten it in place with the
- Reconnect the ribbon cable from the motherboard to the power supply backplane.
- Reinstall the air divider by sliding it into the chassis.
- Reinstall the memory risers or filler panels.
See Install a Memory Riser.
- Push the power supplies all the way back into the chassis.
See Install a Power Supply.
- Return the server to operation:
- Install the top cover.
See Replace the Top Cover.
- Return the server to the normal rack position.
See Return the Server to the Normal Rack Position.
- Reinstall the power cords to the power supplies and power on the server.
See Returning the Server to Operation.