Install a Fan Module
Before You Begin
Caution - To ensure proper system cooling, be certain to install the replacement fan module in
the same slot from which the faulty fan was removed.
- Unpack the replacement fan module and place it on an antistatic mat.
- Install the replacement fan module into the server by completing the following tasks.
- Align the fan module and slide it into the fan slot.
Note - Fan modules are keyed to ensure they are installed in the correct orientation.
- Apply firm pressure to fully seat the fan module.
You will hear a click when the fan is properly seated.
- Return the server to the normal rack position.