Install a PCIe Card
Caution - This procedure requires that you handle components that are sensitive to ESD. This
sensitivity can cause the component to fail. To avoid damage, ensure that you follow
antistatic practices as described in ESD Measures.
Note - If the server has PCIe cards installed that provide bootable devices, disable Option
ROM on the PCIe slots that are not used for booting so that
resources are available for the slots that are used for booting.
- Attach an antistatic wrist strap, unpack the PCIe card, and place it on an
- Ensure that the server is powered off and all power cords are disconnected
from the server power supplies.
See Removing Power From the Server.
- Install the PCIe card into the card slot and return the crossbar to
its closed and locked position.
Note - If you are not replacing an existing PCIe card and need information about
deciding into which slot a the card should be installed, refer to PCIe Card Configuration Rules.
- Return the server to operation:
- Install the top cover.
See Replace the Top Cover.
- Return the server to the normal rack position.
See Return the Server to the Normal Rack Position.
- Reconnect all power cords to the server power supplies.
See Connect Power Cords.
- Power on the server.
See Power On the Server (Oracle ILOM) or Power On the Server (Power Button).
- If the PCIe card being installed is replacing a faulty PCIe card, manually
clear the PCIe card fault using Oracle Integrated Lights Out Manager (ILOM).
For instructions on clearing server faults, refer to the SPARC T4 Series
Servers Administration Guide and to the Oracle ILOM documentation.
- Refer to the documentation shipped with the PCIe card for information about configuring
the PCIe card, including installing required operating systems.
To create or recover RAID configurations, refer to the LSI MegaRAID SAS Software User's Guide, which is available
at the following location: http://www.lsi.com/support/sun