Verify Operation of Slide Rails and CMA
Note - Two people are recommended for this procedure: one to move the server in
and out of the rack, and one to observe the cables and CMA.
- Slowly pull the server out of the rack until the slide rails reach
- Inspect the attached cables for any binding or kinks.
- Verify that the CMA extends fully from the slide rails.
- Push the server back into the rack.
When the server is fully extended, you must release two sets of slide
rail stops to return the server to the rack.
- The first set of stops are levers, located on the inside of each
slide rail, just behind the rear panel of the server. Push in both
green levers simultaneously and slide the server toward the rack.
The server will slide in approximately 18 inches (46 cm) and stop.
Verify that the cables and the CMA retract without binding before you continue.
- The second set of stops are the slide rail release buttons, located near
the front of each mounting bracket. Simultaneously push both of the green slide
rail release buttons, and push the server completely into the rack until both
slide rail locks engage.
- Adjust the cable straps and CMA, as required.