Remove the Server From the Rack
The server must be removed from the rack to remove or install the
Power supply backplane
Caution - The server requires two people to safely remove and carry it.
- Shut down the host.
- Remove power from the system.
See Removing Power From the Server.
- Disconnect all the cables and power cords from the server.
- Extend the server to the maintenance position.
See Extend the Server to the Maintenance Position.
- Release the CMA from the rail assembly.
The CMA is still attached to the cabinet, but the server chassis is
now disconnected from the CMA. See Release the CMA.
- From the front of the server, pull the release tabs forward and pull
the server forward until it is free of the rack rails.
A release tab is located on each rail.
- Set the server on a sturdy work surface.