Remove the Storage Drive Backplane for Rear-Mounted Storage Drives
- Prepare the server for service.
- Power off the server and disconnect the power cords from the power supplies.
See Powering Down the Server.
- Extend the server into the maintenance position.
See Extend the Server to the Maintenance Position.
- Attach an antistatic wrist strap.
See Take Antistatic Measures.
- Remove the top cover.
See Remove the Server Top Cover.
- Remove all of the rear-mounted storage drives from the storage drive cage.
See Remove a Rear Storage Drive.
Note - Ensure that you note drive locations when removing the storage drives from the
storage drive cage. Storage drives must be reinserted into the correct slots after
storage drive backplane replacement.
- Disconnect the cables from the storage drive backplane .
- Disconnect the two SAS cables from the storage drive backplane.
- Disconnect the power cable from the storage drive backplane.
Figure 81 Removing the Storage Drive Backplane for Rear-Mounted Storage Drives
- Using a No. 2 Phillips screwdriver, loosen the two screws that secure the
storage drive backplane to the storage drive cage .
- Lift the storage drive backplane up to release it from the two sets
of standoff hooks .
- Pull the storage drive backplane away from the standoff hooks and out of
the chassis .
- Place the storage drive backplane on an antistatic mat.