Install the Storage Drive Backplane for Rear-Mounted Storage Drives
- Lower the storage drive backplane into the server, and position it to engage
the two standoff hooks [1 and 2].
Figure 82 Installing the Storage Drive Backplane for Rear-Mounted Storage Drives.
- Using a No. 2 Phillips screwdriver, install and tighten the two screws to
secure the storage drive backplane to the storage drive cage .
- Reconnect the cables to the storage drive backplane .
- Reconnect the power cable to the storage drive backplane.
- Reconnect the two SAS cables to the storage drive backplane.
- Return the server to operation.
- Install the server top cover.
See Install the Top Cover.
- Install all storage drives into the storage drive cage.
See Install a Rear Storage Drive.
- Return the server to the normal rack position.
- Reconnect the power cords to the power supplies, and power on the server.
See Reconnect Power and Data Cables and Power On the Server. Verify that the AC OK LED is lit.