Remove the Left LED Indicator Module
- Prepare the server for service.
- Power off the server and disconnect the power cords from the power supplies.
See Powering Down the Server.
- Extend the server into the maintenance position.
See Extend the Server to the Maintenance Position.
- Attach an antistatic wrist strap.
See Take Antistatic Measures.
- Remove the top cover.
See Remove the Server Top Cover.
- Remove the left indicator module.
- Remove the two No. 2 Phillips screws that secure the LED indicator module
to the server front panel .
- Disconnect the LED indicator module cable from the motherboard, and gently pull the
cable through the chassis mid-plane and side wall of the server chassis [1
Note - Alternatively, if you only need to replace the LED indicator, you do not
need to pull the cable through the chassis mid-plane and side wall of
- Remove the LED indicator module from the server front panel .
Figure 83 Removing the Left LED Indicator Module