Remove the Storage Drive Backplane for Twenty-Four Drive Systems
- Prepare the server for service.
- Power off the server and disconnect the power cords from the power supplies.
See Powering Down the Server.
- Extend the server into the maintenance position.
See Extend the Server to the Maintenance Position.
- Attach an antistatic wrist strap.
See Take Antistatic Measures.
- Open the server fan assembly door, and remove the fan modules from the
See Remove a Fan Module.
- Remove the fan assembly door from the server.
See Remove the Fan Assembly Door From a Server With 2.5-Inch Drives.
- Remove all of the storage drives from the storage drive cage.
See Remove a Storage Drive.
Note - Ensure that you note storage drive locations when removing the storage drives from
the disk cage. Storage drives must be reinserted into the correct slots after
disk backplane replacement.
- Disconnect the cables from the storage drive backplane.
- Disconnect the six SAS/SATA cables from the storage drive backplane. Note the cable connections
in order to ease proper reconnection of the cables .
- Disconnect the power cables and the LED cable from the storage drive backplane
Figure 79 Removing the Storage Drive Backplane
- Using a No. 2 Phillips screwdriver, loosen the two screws that secure the
storage drive backplane to the chassis .
- Lift the storage drive backplane up to release it from the standoff hooks
- Pull the storage drive backplane away from the standoff hooks and out of
the chassis .
- Place the storage drive backplane on an antistatic mat.