Oracle JD Edwards is committed to providing the best of Oracle technology to our customers and help them in realizing the benefits of lower total cost of ownership, better security, better features and functionalities, better efficiency with business processes, and greater reliability. In this endeavor, Oracle JD Edwards announces the support for Oracle Autonomous Database on dedicated Exadata infrastructure. With this support, customers can integrate their JD Edwards installation on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure with Oracle Autonomous Database on dedicated Exadata infrastructure.
Oracle Autonomous Database uses machine learning and automation to eliminate human labor, human error and manual tuning of rapidly increasing data by automating the entire database management lifecycle with its self-driving, self-securing and self-repairing capabilities. This automation ensures unprecedented cost savings, increased security, higher availability and improved productivity. Oracle Autonomous Database makes database management more efficient and induces higher levels of innovation among Oracle JD Edwards customers.
Oracle Autonomous Database is available on both Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and Exadata Cloud@Customer. Oracle JD Edwards currently supports:
- Oracle Autonomous Database on dedicated Exadata infrastructure on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- Oracle Autonomous Database on dedicated Exadata infrastructure on Exadata Cloud@Customer.
(Note: Oracle Autonomous Database on Shared Exadata Infrastructure is not supported).
Oracle JD Edwards supports Oracle Autonomous Database on dedicated Exadata infrastructure for the following releases:
- JD Edwards Applications Release 9.2
- JD Edwards Tools Release 184.108.40.206
- Oracle Autonomous Database 19c (19.7 DBRU and above)
- Oracle Linux 7
- Oracle Weblogic Server 220.127.116.11
The features currently supported are:
Planned database maintenance with zero downtime:
Oracle Autonomous Database enables planned database maintenance with zero downtime for Oracle JD Edwards through extended application continuity service drain time for database connections. This capability enables automatic patching of the database with the latest patches and fixes without any application downtime, manual intervention, and impact on business.
Manual deployment of Oracle JD Edwards with Oracle Autonomous Database:
Customers can integrate their existing Oracle JD Edwards deployed on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure to Oracle Autonomous Database by manually migrating their data into Oracle Autonomous Database and performing manual configuration.
The Autonomous Database capabilities not currently supported are:
- JD Edwards availability during unplanned maintenance or failures through the self-repairing capabilities of Oracle Autonomous Database
- Scaling up or scaling down Oracle Autonomous Databases through both manual scaling and automatic scaling
- Optimization of Oracle Autonomous Database through automatic indexing
- Oracle Autonomous Database on Shared Exadata Infrastructure
For any queries regarding the Oracle JD Edwards product for use with the Oracle Autonomous Database please enter a Service Request (SR) in My Oracle Support (support.oracle.com).