Take some time to ready your semantic model .rpd file for the cloud.
- Verify that you’re using Oracle BI Enterprise Edition 22.214.171.124 or later.
- Open your semantic model .rpd file and use Consistency Check Manager to run consistency checks.
- Remove any initialization blocks that set the USER, ROLES or GROUP session
Oracle Analytics doesn’t support the variables :user and :password in data source connection credentials.
- Verify that the database connection information in the semantic model is up-to-date.
Review the connection pool settings from Oracle BI Administration Tool:
Data source name must contain the full connect string for the database where data is stored.
You can’t specify a net service name here.
Call interface must be Oracle Call Interface (OCI).
If your semantic model connects to multiple databases, ensure that the settings for each connection pool are correct.
- Disable subject areas that you don't want to expose or that don't have a working connection.
If connection information is missing, users see the message
Fetch subject areas failed errorwhen they view subject areas in Oracle Analytics Cloud.
- Back up Oracle Analytics Cloud to a snapshot, including the current semantic model, in case you need to restore this version.
When the semantic model is ready, you can upload it to Oracle Analytics Cloud.