You can assign a primary subsidiary and an unlimited number of secondary subsidiaries to a vendor record. The primary subsidiary assigned to a vendor is generally associated with any transactions involving that vendor. However, you can also associate transactions with any secondary subsidiary assigned to the vendor in the procure-to-pay workflow. For detailed instructions about assigning subsidiaries to a vendor record, Creating a Vendor Record.
When you view a multi-subsidiary vendor record, you can see the vendor’s total outstanding balance. You can also see the total unbilled balance (sum of all of the assigned subsidiaries’ balances) in the primary subsidiary’s currency.
You can designate a credit limit for the primary subsidiary and each of the secondary subsidiaries on the vendor record. You can also associate vendors and multiple subsidiaries with items, assigning a specific item price for each subsidiary purchasing from the vendor.
For tax agency vendor records, it is important to set the subsidiary to match the subsidiary linked to the nexus using that tax agency.
You specify the tax code at the line-level on the Subsidiaries subtab. Tax code is not available in the US edition for accounts that are not OneWorld.
You can define multiple secondary subsidiaries through the user interface and SuiteScript. To use SuiteScript to define secondary subsidiaries on a vendor record, use the Vendor-Subsidiary Relationship record type. To mass create and update vendor records through CSV files, see Vendor-Subsidiary Relationship Import.
If you have enabled the Multi Subsidiary Customer feature, you can share a vendor record that is also paired with a customer record. Such pairings display on the Relationships subtab on the vendor record.
To use the subsidiary logo and address from the transaction record when printing, use advanced templates. For more information, see Advanced PDF/HTML Templates. If you print transactions using basic layouts, the logo and address are sourced from the vendor’s primary subsidiary.
- Vendor Searches for Multi-Subsidiary Vendors
- Mass Create and Update Multi-Subsidiary Vendors
- Customization of the Subsidiaries Subtab on the Vendor Record
- Multi-Subsidiary Vendor Support for Automated Intercompany Management
- Multi-Subsidiary Vendor Customer Entities
- Transactions Available for Multi-Subsidiary Vendors
- Assigning a Subsidiary to an Employee
- Assigning a Subsidiary to a Partner
- Assigning Subsidiaries to a Customer
- Associate Subsidiaries with Items
- Associate Subsidiaries With Shipping Items
- Associate Subsidiaries with Entities and Items