How to Prepare for Operation
- If necessary, remove any service-related cabling and devices.
- Remove tools from the interior and exterior of the server, the chassis, and
Account for all tools used to service the server.
- Ensure that components are properly seated and cabled and that all cables are
properly routed and secured.
- Ensure that server front and back air vents are not obstructed or clogged.
Use a vacuum to remove dust and debris from the server vents and
Caution - Possible component damage. The use of liquids or spray cleaners within the interior
of the server, the chassis, and the rack can cause component damage. Do
not use liquids or spray cleaners to clean the interior of the server.
- Connect the AC power cables to the server AC power block.
The server enters standby mode.
- Power on the server. See How to Power On the Server.
- Ensure that all components power on properly.
Use the component LEDs to verify correct operation. See Component LED Locations and Functions.
- Prepare the rack for operation.
- Do the following:
Sun Server X2-8 Service Procedures and Information