How to Remove a RAID Expansion Module
Note - The RAID expansion module (REM) is supported only in CMOD 0 (BL 0).
Before You Begin
RAID Expansion Module Overview
- Prepare the server for service. See How to Prepare for Service.
- Remove the CMOD from the server. See How to Remove a CPU Module (CMOD).
- Set the CMOD on a flat antistatic surface with ample surrounding space and
- Remove the CMOD cover. See How to Remove the CPU Module (CMOD) Cover.
- Lift the REM ejector handle and rotate it to its fully open
This action ejects the REM from its connector on the motherboard.
- Lift the connector end of the REM and pull the REM away
from the retaining clip on the front support bracket.
How to Install a RAID Expansion Module