How to Remove a Fan Module Controller Board
Before You Begin
- Prepare the server for service. See How to Prepare for Service.
- Access the back of the server.
- Remove the FMs that are controlled by the FB that you need
to replace. See Fan Module Controller Board (FB) Designations.
- To remove the fan shelf, press down on the green release tab
and slide the shelf out of the fan bay (1).
- Completely loosen the green captive screw that secures the FB (2).
- To remove the FB, pull the handle on the controller board assembly (3).
How to Install a Fan Module Controller Board
Sun Server X2-8 Subassembly Module Overview