How to Remove a Fan Module Controller Board
An animation of the procedure to remove a fan module controller board is
available. See animation showing fan module controller board removal.
Caution - Potential for system over-temperature and component damage. Do not attempt to operate the
system with insufficient cooling. Maintain the integrity of a properly functioning cooling system
by immediately replacing nonworking components and ensuring unobstructed airflow.
Before You Begin
- Prepare the server for service. See How to Prepare for Service.
- Access the back of the server.
- Remove the FMs that are controlled by the FB that you need
to replace. See Fan Module Controller Board (FB) Designations.
- To remove the fan shelf, press down on the green release tab
and slide the shelf out of the fan bay (1).
- Completely loosen the green captive screw that secures the FB (2).
- To remove the FB, pull the handle on the controller board assembly (3).
How to Install a Fan Module Controller Board
Sun Server X2-8 Subassembly Module Overview