How to Remove a DIMM
An animation of the procedure to remove a DIMM is available. See
animation showing DIMM removal.
Before You Begin
- Prepare the server for service. See How to Prepare for Service.
- Remove the CMOD from the server. See How to Remove a CPU Module (CMOD).
- Set the module on a flat antistatic surface with ample surrounding space and
- Remove the CMOD cover. See How to Remove the CPU Module (CMOD) Cover.
- To identify DIMM failure, press the Fault Remind button on the CMOD motherboard.
The Fault Remind button activates the LEDs for the DIMM pairs that contain
- To unlock the DIMM, simultaneously rotate the two release levers outward fully away
from the DIMM.
This action unlocks and ejects the DIMM from the DIMM slot.
- Remove the DIMM from the server.
- If you are replacing the DIMM, see How to Install a DIMM.
- Install the CMOD top cover. See How to Install the CPU Module (CMOD) Cover.
- Insert the CMOD into the server. See How to Install a CPU Module (CMOD).
How to Prepare for Operation
Supported Memory Configurations