How to Install a DIMM
An animation of the procedure to install a DIMM is available. See
animation showing DIMM installation.
Before You Begin
- Prepare the server for service. See How to Prepare for Service.
- Remove the CMOD from the server. See How to Remove a CPU Module (CMOD).
- Set the CMOD on a flat antistatic surface with ample surrounding space and
- Remove the CMOD cover. See How to Remove the CPU Module (CMOD) Cover.
- Ensure that the DIMM slot locking levers are in the fully open position.
- Align the DIMM within the slot.
The DIMM is notched to accommodate the key (protrusion) in the slot. The
key ensures correct DIMM installation. The DIMM can be correctly installed only one
- To install the DIMM, simultaneously press down on both ends of the DIMM
to push the it into the slot.
This action causes the DIMM locking levers to lift and lock into place
on the DIMM.
- Verify that the DIMM is properly installed and locked.
When properly locked in place, the DIMM cannot be removed.
- Install the CMOD cover. See How to Install the CPU Module (CMOD) Cover.
- Install the CMOD into the server. See How to Install a CPU Module (CMOD).
How to Prepare for Operation.
How to Remove a DIMM