How to Remove a NEM or a NEM Filler
An animation of the procedure to remove a NEM is available. See
animation showing NEM removal.
Note - The NEM is a hot-pluggable component.
Before You Begin
- If necessary, prepare the server for service. See How to Prepare for Service.
- Access the back of the server.
- Label and disconnect any cables attached to the network express module (NEM).
- To release the NEM, squeeze and extend the release handles outward in opposite
Pull the lower handle downward and lift the upper handle until both are
in their fully open position.
- To remove the NEM, pull it out of its slot using the
How to Install a NEM or a NEM Filler
How to Prepare for Operation