Remove the Main Module
- Shut down the server.
See Removing Power From the Server.
- Locate the main module in the server.
See Front Panel Components.
- Squeeze the release latches together on the two extraction levers and pull the
extraction levers out to disengage the main module from the server.
- Pull the main module halfway out of the server.
- Press the levers back together, toward the center of the main module.
This will keep the levers from getting damaged when you remove the main
module from the server.
- Remove the cover from the main module:
- Press down on the green button at the top of the cover to
disengage the cover from the main module.
- Keeping the button pressed down, push the cover toward the rear of the
main module and lift the cover up and away from the main module.
- Service the component inside the main module.
The following components are accessible inside the main module: