Install the Front I/O Assembly
Caution - This procedure requires that you handle components that are sensitive to static discharge. Static
discharges can cause the components to fail.
- Take the necessary ESD precautions.
See Prevent ESD Damage.
- Insert the front I/O assembly into position in the main module.
Gently slide the front I/O assembly into position with the ports inserted into the port holes in the front of the main module.
Lower the rear of the front I/O assembly so that the captive screw is aligned with the screw hole on the motherboard.
- Tighten the captive screw to secure the front I/O assembly to the motherboard.
- Connect the two cables.
- Lower into place the connectors that secure the FIO-to-motherboard cable to the front I/O
assembly and the motherboard and press down on both connectors to connect the
- Lower into place the connectors that secure the VGA-to-motherboard cable to the front
I/O assembly and the motherboard and press down on both connectors to connect the
- Install the main module back into the server.
See Install the Main Module.