Remove the Front I/O Assembly
The front I/O assembly is a cold-service component that can be replaced only
by authorized service personnel.
Caution - This procedure requires that you handle components that are sensitive to electrostatic discharge. This
discharge can cause server components to fail.
- Remove the main module from the server.
See Remove the Main Module.
- Take the necessary ESD precautions.
See Prevent ESD Damage.
- Locate the front I/O assembly on the main module.
See Main Module Components.
- Locate the two cables that connect the front I/O assembly to the motherboard.
Figure 29 Locating the Two Front I/O Cable Assembly Cables
1 VGA-to-motherboard cable, motherboard connection
2 FIO-to-motherboard cable, motherboard connection
3 FIO-to-motherboard cable, front I/O assembly connection
4 VGA-to-motherboard cable, front I/O assembly connection
- Disconnect the two cables.
- Lift up on the connectors that secure the VGA-to-motherboard cable to the front
I/O assembly and the motherboard, and remove the VGA-to-motherboard cable from the main module.
- Lift up on the connectors that secure the FIO-to-motherboard cable to the front
I/O assembly and the motherboard, and remove the FIO-to-motherboard cable from the main module.
- Loosen the captive screw that secures the front I/O assembly to the motherboard.
- Gently pull the front I/O assembly toward the back of the main module
until the ports at the front of the assembly clear the front of
the main module, and then remove the front I/O assembly from the main