Remove a Power Supply
The power supply is a hot-service component that can be replaced by a
- Locate the power supply in the server that you want to remove.
- Determine if you can hot-swap the power supply:
- If there are at least three power supplies installed, you can hot-swap the
faulty power supply without shutting down the server. Go to Step 6.
- If there are two or fewer power supplies installed, you must shut down
the server before you can remove the power supply. Go to Step 3
- Power off the server.
See Removing Power From the Server
- Go to the rear of the server and locate the AC power connector
at the rear of the server that supplies power to the faulty power
See Power Supply and AC Power Connector Configuration Reference.
- Disconnect the power cord from the AC power connector that is associated with
the power supply that will be replaced.
- Go to the front of the server and, on the power supply to
be removed, squeeze the release latches together, then pull the extraction lever toward
you to disengage the power supply from the server.
- Pull the power supply out of the server.
- Install the replacement power supply.
See Install a Power Supply.