Install a Storage Backplane
- Position the storage backplane in the main module.
- Lower the storage backplane into place.
- Slide the plastic retaining panel into place over the storage backplane so that
the two notches in the panel slide underneath the two metal mounting studs
on the hard drive assembly.
- Press on the press point on the retaining panel to secure it to
the top of the hard drive assembly.
- Connect the two storage backplane cables to the storage backplane and the motherboard.
- Connect the data cable to the storage backplane and the motherboard.
- Connect the power cable to the storage backplane and the motherboard.
Figure 32 Connecting the Storage Backplane Cables
1 Data cable, storage backplane connection
2 Power cable, storage backplane connection
- Insert the main module back into the server.
See Install the Main Module.
- Install the hard drives that you removed back into the main module.
Refer to the notes that you took when removing the hard drives to
install them back into their original slots. See Install a Hard Drive.
- Power on the server.
See Returning the Server to Operation.