Remove the Service Processor Card
The service processor card is a cold-service component that can be replaced by
- Back up the SP configuration information before removing the service processor card.
At the Oracle ILOM prompt, type:
-> cd /SP/config
-> dump -destination uri target
- The acceptable values for uri are:
- target is the remote location where you will want to store the configuration
-> dump -destination tftp://22.214.171.124/pathname
- Remove the main module from the server.
See Remove the Main Module.
- Take the necessary ESD precautions.
See Prevent ESD Damage.
- Locate the service processor card on the main module.
See Main Module Components.
- Grasp the service processor card by the two grasp points, and lift up
to disengage the service processor card from the connectors on the motherboard.
- Lift the service processor card up and away from the motherboard.