You can inactivate custom or standard roles that you do not want to use in your account.
When you inactivate a role, you can no longer select it in the Role field on records, and those assigned to the role can no longer access your account with that role.
If you inactivate the only role an employee is assigned, you can lock that person out of your account. Before inactivating a role, go to Setup > Users/Roles > Manage Users to view who may be assigned to that role.
To inactivate a custom or standard role:
Go to Setup > Users/Roles > Manage Roles.
Check the Show Inactives box at the bottom of the list.
In the Inactive column, check the box next to any role you want to inactivate.
To prevent errors in the website, you cannot inactivate the standard Customer Center role after you enable the Web Site feature.
If this role was inactivated before the Web Site feature was enabled, you must temporarily disable the Web Site feature, activate the standard Customer Center role again, and enable the Web Site feature again.
You will not lose website data in this process.
You can delete a custom role if it is not currently assigned to any users AND if has never been used to log in to NetSuite. If a role has previously been used to log in, or is currently assigned to any users, you need to inactivate the role rather than delete it.
- NetSuite Roles Overview
- The NetSuite Account Administrator
- Separate Administration Permissions
- Full Access Role
- Permissions Requiring Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
- Customizing or Creating NetSuite Roles
- Changing Custom Roles
- Setting Default Forms for Roles
- Restricting Accounts for Roles
- Customizing the Customer Center Role
- Retail Clerk Roles
- Showing Role Permission Differences
- Use Searches to Audit Roles and Permissions
- Use Searches to Audit Roles
- Use Searches to Audit Permissions By Employee
- Setting Role-Based Preferences
- Translating Custom Role Names
- Mass Updating a Permission on Custom Roles
- Mass Updating the Role Assigned to Customers
- Standard Roles Permissions Table
- Delete Role Record > This record cannot be deleted because it has dependent records