Use the Show Role Differences feature to quickly review the differences in permissions between roles. You can view all of the roles’ permissions or just the permissions that are different. You can also export the list of role permission differences as a .CSV or .XLS file. You should select less than 100 roles for comparison to avoid issues with processing your request.
To compare permissions for two or more roles:
Go to Setup > Users/Roles > Show Role Differences.
In the Base Role dropdown list, select the role that will be the basis for comparison to other roles.
In the Compare To dropdown list, select one or more roles to compare to the base role.
Do one of the following:
To view all of the permissions associated with the selected roles, clear the Only Show Differences box.
To view only the permissions that are different between the roles, select the Only Show Differences box.
On the Role Permission Differences page, the permissions are arranged alphabetically and by category.
To export the list as a .CSV or .XLS file, click one of the export options at the top of the list.
To compare permissions for another set of roles, click New.
- NetSuite Roles Overview
- The NetSuite Account Administrator
- Separate Administration Permissions
- Full Access Role
- Permissions Requiring Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
- Customizing or Creating NetSuite Roles
- Changing Custom Roles
- Inactivating Roles
- Setting Default Forms for Roles
- Restricting Accounts for Roles
- Customizing the Customer Center Role
- Retail Clerk Roles
- Use Searches to Audit Roles and Permissions
- Use Searches to Audit Roles
- Use Searches to Audit Permissions By Employee
- Setting Role-Based Preferences
- Translating Custom Role Names
- Mass Updating a Permission on Custom Roles
- Mass Updating the Role Assigned to Customers
- Standard Roles Permissions Table