The Retail Clerk and Retail Clerk (Web Services Only) roles are specialized roles intended to provide limited access for users to implement point-of-sale workflows.
Users can be assigned the Retail Clerk role to complete point-of-sale tasks in the NetSuite user interface. The Retail Clerk (Web Services Only) is intended for use in web services transactions and is marked as a Web Services Only role. For details about Web services roles, see Setting a Web Services Only Role for a User.
Because of their design for limited access, these roles differ from other NetSuite standard roles in the following respects:
The permissions for these roles cannnot be customized. To review the permissions assigned to these roles, see the following roles in Standard Roles Permissions Table:
Retail Clerk (Web Services Only)
These roles are provisioned differently than other standard roles. Users assigned these roles may be counted differently than users assigned other roles, as described below:
If a user is assigned the Retail Clerk role or Retail Clerk (Web Services Only) roll and any other full access role, the user counts as one Retail Clerk.
If a user is assigned the Retail Clerk role or Retail Clerk (Web Services Only) role and any other non-Employee Center role, the user counts only as a full access user, but not as a Retail Clerk.
If a user is assigned the Retail Clerk role or Retail Clerk (Web Services Only) role and an employee center role, the user counts as both a Retail Clerk and Employee Center.
- NetSuite Roles Overview
- The NetSuite Account Administrator
- Separate Administration Permissions
- Full Access Role
- Permissions Requiring Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
- Customizing or Creating NetSuite Roles
- Changing Custom Roles
- Inactivating Roles
- Setting Default Forms for Roles
- Restricting Accounts for Roles
- Customizing the Customer Center Role
- Showing Role Permission Differences
- Use Searches to Audit Roles and Permissions
- Use Searches to Audit Roles
- Use Searches to Audit Permissions By Employee
- Setting Role-Based Preferences
- Translating Custom Role Names
- Mass Updating a Permission on Custom Roles
- Mass Updating the Role Assigned to Customers
- Standard Roles Permissions Table