Install a PCIe Riser Into PCIe Slot 1 or 2
Note - PCIe slot 1 is nonfunctional in single-processor systems.
Note - The PCIe riser in slots 3 and 4 is different than the PCIe
risers in slots 1 and 2. Do not attempt to install a PCIe
riser from slots 1 or 2 into PCIe slots 3 and 4 and
- Determine into which slot you will install the PCIe riser.
- Retrieve the PCIe riser and any PCIe cards attached to it.
- Raise the PCIe riser release lever (marked with a green tab) to the
open (up) position .
- Gently press the riser into the motherboard connector until it seats and press
the green-tabbed, riser release lever to the close (down) position .
- If there is a PCIe card installed in the riser, reconnect any external
or internal cables to the card.
- Close the green-tabbed latch on the rear of the server's chassis next to
the applicable PCIe slot to secure the PCIe card's rear bracket to the
server's chassis .
Note - If the riser does not have a PCIe card installed, install a PCIe
slot filler panel and close the green-tabbed latch to secure filler panel.
- Return the server to operation.
- Install the top cover.
See Install the Top Cover.
- Close the fan door.
- Return the server to the normal rack position.
See Return the Server to the Normal Rack Position.
- Reconnect the power cord to the server power supply and the data cables.
See Reconnect Data Cables and Power Cords.
- Power on the server.
See Power On the Server.
Verify that the Power/OK indicator is steady on.
- Use Oracle ILOM to clear the server PCIe riser fault.
If the PCIe riser fault message in Oracle ILOM is not cleared under
Open Problems, you should use Oracle ILOM to clear the fault. For instructions
for manually clearing a PCIe riser fault, see the procedure "Undetected Replaced or
Repaired Hardware Components" in the Oracle Integrated Lights Out Manager (ILOM) 3.1 User's Guide in the Oracle Integrated Lights Out Manager (ILOM)
3.1 Documentation Library at: http://www.oracle.com/pls/topic/lookup?ctx=ilom31.