Remove the Battery
- Prepare the server for service.
- Power off the server and disconnect the power cords from the power supplies.
See Powering Down the Server
- Extend the server to the maintenance position.
See Extend the Server to the Maintenance Position.
- Attach an antistatic wrist strap.
See Take Antistatic Measures.
- Remove the top cover.
See Remove the Server Top Cover.
- To dislodge the battery from its retainer, place your finger under the rear
of the battery (the side nearest the rear of the server)  and
gently lift it up and out of its retainer .
Figure 59 Removing the Battery