Install a DIMM
- Unpack the replacement DDR3 DIMM and place it on an antistatic mat.
- Ensure that the replacement DDR3 DIMM matches the size it is replacing.
You must not replace a dual-rank DIMM with a quad-rank DIMM and vice
versa. If you violate this rule, the performance of the server might be
adversely affected. For DIMM population rules, see DIMM Population Rules.
- Install the DIMM.
- Ensure that the ejector tabs are in the open position.
- Align the notch in the replacement DIMM with the key in the connector.
The notch ensures that the DIMM is oriented correctly.
- Push the DDR3 DIMM into the connector until the ejector tabs lock the
DIMM in place.
If the DIMM does not easily seat into the connector, verify that the
notch in the DIMM is aligned with the key in the connector. If
the notch is not aligned, damage to the DIMM might occur.
- Repeat Step 3 until all replacement DDR3 DIMMs are installed.
- Return the server to operation.
- Install the top cover.
See Install the Top Cover.
- Close the fan door.
- Return the server to the normal rack position.
See Return the Server to the Normal Rack Position.
- Reconnect the power cord to the server power supply and the data cables.
See Reconnect Data Cables and Power Cords.
- Power on the server.
See Power On the Server.
Verify that the Power/OK indicator is steady on.