Remove a PCIe Riser From PCIe Slots 3 and 4
- Prepare the server for service.
- Power off the server and disconnect the power cords from the power supplies.
See Powering Down the Server
- Extend the server to the maintenance position.
See Extend the Server to the Maintenance Position.
- Attach an antistatic wrist strap.
See Take Antistatic Measures.
- Remove the top cover.
See Remove the Server Top Cover.
- If there is a PCIe card installed in the riser, disconnect any external
or internal cables.
Note - Do not disconnect the SAS cable from the internal HBA card until after
you have removed the riser from the server.
- Open the green-tabbed latch located on the rear of the server's chassis next
to the PCIe slot 3 to release the PCIe card holding bracket .
Note - If the riser does not have a PCIe card installed in slot 3,
then lift the latch to release PCIe slot 3 filler panel.
- To release the riser from the motherboard connector, lift the riser's green-tabbed lease
lever to the open position .
- Slide the plastic PCIe card retainer, which is mounted on the side of
the chassis, forward to release the card(s) installed in the riser .
- Grasp the riser with both hands and remove it from the server .
- Disconnect the SAS storage drive (HDD) cables from the internal HBA card installed
in PCIe slot 4 .
Note - If the server has four or fewer storage drives, the SAS cable for
HDDs 0-3 will be the only one installed.
- Place the riser an antistatic mat.