Install the Battery
- Unpack the replacement battery.
- Press the new battery into the battery retainer with the positive side (+)
facing up (see Removing the Battery.
- If the service processor is configured to synchronize with a network time server
using the Network Time Protocol (NTP), the Oracle ILOM clock will be reset
as soon as the server is powered on and connected to the network;
otherwise, proceed to the next step.
- If the service processor is not configured to use NTP, you must do
- Reset the Oracle ILOM clock using the Oracle ILOM CLI or the web
For instructions, see the Oracle Integrated Lights Out Manager (ILOM) 3.1 Documentation Library
- Use the BIOS Setup Utility to reprogram the host clock.
For the BIOS Main menu screen that supports this task, see the Administration, Setting Up BIOS Configuration Parameters.
- Return the server to operation.
- Install the top cover.
See Install the Top Cover.
- Close the fan door.
- Return the server to the normal rack position.
See Return the Server to the Normal Rack Position.
- Reconnect the power cord to the server power supply and the data cables.
See Reconnect Data Cables and Power Cords.
- Power on the server.
See Power On the Server.
Verify that the Power/OK indicator is steady on.
Note - On first boot, use the BIOS Setup utility to reset the server host