Remove the DVD Drive
- Remove any media from the DVD drive.
- Prepare the server for service.
- Power off the server and disconnect the power cords from the power supplies.
See Powering Down the Server
- Extend the server to the maintenance position.
See Extend the Server to the Maintenance Position.
- Attach an antistatic wrist strap.
See Take Antistatic Measures.
- Remove the top cover.
See Remove the Server Top Cover.
- Locate the DVD drive .
- Disconnect the cable from the rear of the DVD ).
Figure 57 Removing the DVD Drive
- To disengage the DVD drive from the chassis, press and hold the release
tab on the rear of the DVD drive up slightly .
- Gently push the DVD drive forward, slide it out of the server, and
place it on an antistatic mat .