You can use the Core Administration Permissions to customize a role so that it behaves almost like the Administrator role, while also restricting access to other areas of NetSuite using the role permissions and restrictions. For example, with Core Administration Permissions you can create a role specifically for an IT administrator who is responsible for the general administration of the system, but who should not have access to sensitive employee information.
The Core Administration Permissions feature is enabled on your account by default. For more information, see Core Administration Permissions.
To assign Core Administration Permissions to a role, check the Core Administration Permissions box.
Use caution when assigning Core Administration Permissions to a role, because the role will become similar to the standard Administrator role in terms of exclusive administrator privileges.
- Customizing or Creating NetSuite Roles
- Customizing and Creating Roles
- Administrator – No HR/Employee Access SuiteApp
- Restricting Role Access to Accounting Books
- Restricting Role Access to Subsidiaries (OneWorld Only)
- Setting Employee Restrictions
- Setting Department, Class, and Location Restrictions
- Setting a Role as Issue Role for Issue Management
- Setting a Role as Web Services Only Role
- Setting a Role as Single Sign-On Only Role
- Restricting a Role by Device ID
- Restricting a Role by IP Address
- Setting Two-Factor Authentication Requirements
- Setting Permissions
- Setting Default and Restricted Forms
- Setting Search Defaults for a Role
- Setting Preferences for the Role
- Translating Custom Role Names
- Selecting a Dashboard for a Role